Tips & tricks for finding
a job as a programmer
About 30 minutes of...
- Types of companies: what to expect?
- A bit about Paysera
- Typical job interview
- What really matters (at least for us)
- Your questions
Where do you want to work?
Types of companies
- Maintain and improve single product
- Result oriented (short term)
- Quality oriented (long term)
What about Paysera?
- Product based
Oriented in long-term results
- Code quality
- Tools, automation, infrastructure
- Constant learning and teaching
- Challenging problems, non-trivial systems
What does that mean?
- Very much to learn
- Can be overwhelming at beginning
What should I look for?
The right amount of challenge
What you'll probably have to do
- Talking about stuff (soft skills)
- Answering technical questions (hard skills)
- Coding (hard skills in practice)
- If you've copy-pasted some code, just say so
- It's still really important to understand it
- If you don't know for sure, I need to know that you'd google it
- Don't take my advice for granted ;)
Hard-skills are not everything
- Motivation to create together with us
- Responsibility for your work
- Constant learning
Do we require university diploma?
It's a plus, if you managed to learn things there
You can learn anywhere
- Important thing is that you would
Practice is everything
- Theory alone is not an option
Try to find what motivates you
- Only money? Won't last too long
Make anything to get results
- Only then look to code quality